Frequently Asked Questions
We have formulated a list of frequently asked questions so you can read through them. If your question is not listed please feel free to call us at (213)318-4339 or fill in the contact us form below, and we will try to answer any and all questions you may have.
1. Who Are You?
We are Edward & Lenin managing members of “LA Cash Offer”. Our team consists of our experienced Title & Escrow Company, (Kathy) our wonderful office manager, our buying specialists and construction crew.
Our “About Us” page will give you a very detailed picture of who we are, and what we are about. Visit that page now, come in and get to know us a little. We are accomplished, honest, and pleasant. We also have provided an easy to absorb video for your convenience below.
2. What Do You Do?
We Pay Cash For Houses In Los Angeles, California, in any condition, or location. That is basically the gist of it. We are the ideal alternative if you need to sell your house without wanting to deal with the hassles of dealing with long drawn out contracts that tie you up for months like the ones you see in traditional listings. Even if time is not much of an issue, but still would like to avoid the expenses and annoyances of listing your house for sale here in CA with an agent, we are the perfect option.
3. Is A “We Buy Houses” Company Right For Me?
We are not desperate to sell our home in CA, nor are we in a hurry!
Believe it or not, the majority of sellers we have purchased houses in Southern California from were not desperate to sell (at all), nor where they trying to escape foreclosure. Most of our clients choose us simply because they either have had bad experiences with listing their house with an agent, or they just don’t want to deal with repairs, constant walk-throughs or any hassle one experiences selling a house the traditional way.
Because we buy houses in any condition, as is, no matter the circumstance, location or issue you facing (if any), we often are a great option to consider to sell quick, and with ease.
Let us figure out the numbers and how much we can offer you in cash for your home in CA, and we will advise you if listing with an agent would be a better choice or not. After all, it doesn’t hurt to get an offer from us, our offers are completely free without any obligation to accept!
4. Why Should I Choose You?
Honestly, you do not have to choose us!
We are not desperate. We do not need to make a huge profit on each deal. By all means, do not let me tell you why you should choose us.
I will however tell you how we are different from the rest:
We Are The Top Ranking Home Buyers In Los Angeles, California and Surrounding Counties!
I know I know, everyone says this, but I am sure you saw this yourself when you found us online at the top of Google! What does this mean? It means many people that have dealt with us loved us. We do what we say and go through with the transaction. We are the popular choice.
We focus on you!
Let’s make sure you get cash for your house. Whether we buy your Los Angeles house in cash, or an other company that we have vetted, spoken to, trust and trained, gives you a higher offer, you can be certain you get the highest offer on your house! Isn’t that nice of us!
So no, you do not have to choose us, but if you do want to choose us, just fill in this form and we will take care of you.
We are genuine and we are honest and we care. We are investors. Of course we need to make money, but that doesn’t mean it has to be at your expense, and that doesn’t mean we cannot go out of our way to genuinely help you without expecting anything in return!
5. Will Cash Home Buyers List My House On The MLS? We will not list your house on the MLS. Our intention is to buy your house in cash, and rehab it in case any work needs to be done on it and sell it again at a profit. We have many solutions to buying your house, including seller financing, wholesaling and of course buying it for cash. All this ensures you will get your house sold fast!
6. How are you different from a real estate agent?
An agent does not actually buy your house. Agents market your house on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), in hopes a buyer will be interested. Agents charge commissions and fees. Listing your house in California with an agent means you pay closing costs, title fees, and have to tolerate countless of walkthroughs while the house sits on the market which can be a long time.
We are two people with the cash and connections to other cash buyers interested in buying houses, rehab them and put it back on the market for sale for a profit. We are cash buyers and investors. We are the ones actually buying your house. We skip the entire “agent” process and jump immediately to the offer and closing on your property you have for sale in Los Angeles. We cover the conventional expenses associated with selling a house like closing costs and inspections. The most notable difference is that we do not charge you any fees or commissions. As mentioned, we skip the entire “agent” process.
7. Should I just list my house in Los Angeles, CA with an agent?
Honestly, we do not know… (yet)! We would need to take a look at your house, your situation, your timeline, your location your expectations, needs and requirements for us to give you a solid answer. And we are happy to provide you with our professional recommendation.
Many people do not understand the advantages and disadvantages of listing a house on the MLS. We would love to help you with this. If you would like that answer now, just fill in our form below and we will get in touch with you with what we believe is your best course of action concerning selling your house in Los Angeles California.
Keep in mind what it means to list a house that is not brand new with an agent.To find out all the pros and cons of listing your house vs. selling to us, you can download our free ebook here.
8. How Do I Sell My House Fast For Cash? Simply tell us a bit about your house. With this information we will do a market analysis on your house that will be used to present you with an all cash offer. If you accept that offer all there is left to do is receive your money at closing.
For more information visit our “How Do I Sell My LA House Fast“page if you have not done so already.
Now you must be wondering:
Well, what happens after I fill in your form?
Watch the video below for a very easy to understand and follow bird’s eye view of what happens after you fill out our form.
9. Are there any obligations after I fill in the form?
There are no obligations, at all. We understand that you have options. We know there are people out there eager to scam you, and eager to take advantage of you and your situation. To distinguish ourselves from those, we make sure you know there are no costs to you. You truly and absolutely have nothing to lose. We make you an offer and if you accept the offer, great! You will get your cash quickly. If you do not accept the offer we will do our best to guide you in the right direction.
10. Do I Need To Clean Before I Move Out?
Nope. Don’t worry about anything. Take what ever it is you want to take and leave the rest. And we mean it. Food in the fridge, clothes on the floor, mattresses, desks, furniture, heck we once found a cat carcass in a wall. Gave our contractor a good scare but we don’t judge. Believe me when we say, we have seen it all. So why not make things easier and just take what you don’t want to part with and let us deal with the rest?
11. Are there any fees or commissions to work with you?There is no money out of your pocket. All fees are paid by us (we get it back when we sell the rehabbed house to another buyer).
12. Do you pay fair prices for properties? Very good question. Yes we definitely pay fair prices. But please know there is a difference between a fair price and market value. If the house is in bad shape, we take the market value of the house and subtract all the cost of repairs needed and we come up with number that obviously is a fair price. In some special cases we can present highly competitive offers at market value. However, usually those cases do not allow us to pay all cash. Seller financing is one way for us to pay more for your property . For more information on fair offers I have written a simple example on how “below market offers” may still be the best offer scenario
[DOWNLOAD our free guide that walks you through the Pros and Cons ]
13. My house is in terrible condition, will you still buy it? We buy homes throughout Southern California, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside and San Diego county in any condition good or bad. We are mainly flippers, so the more room for improvement, the more attractive your house is to us. So, Yes, absolutely! We’d love to buy your house even if it is in bad shape, and you may be surprised by how much we will offer for your house! Just fill in our form and see how much we will offer you in cash for your house in CA!
14. How do you determine the price to offer on my house? Basically:
1. We Determine The Market Value Of Your Home In Los Angeles California. It all starts with a CMA ( Comparable Market Analysis). We look at all the houses that have recently been sold within a 1 mile radius of your house, that are very similar (comparable) to your house, (same square footage, number of beds/baths etc. ).We then look at their sold price. This gives us a very accurate market value of your house, if your house is in the exact same condition of these other houses that have been sold.
2. We Determine The Cost Of Repairs. The cost of repairs is the cost associated with bringing your house to a very similar condition as all the other houses in your area that are similar to yours that have recently been sold. During the walkthrough we note what needs to be repaired. We do this with the help of our trusted contractors. We want to keep the costs down so we only repair what we really have to repair.
Keeping the cost down ensures the highest offer we can present to you.
3. We Make You An Offer. Based on our findings which we share with you, we present you with our offer. Because we are transparent we explain in full detail how we come up with the offer and show you the repairs and the CMA of your market. The offer is a no obligation to accept offer. You can ether accept the offer or decline it without cost as everything is free to you.
If you accept the offer we can discuss a closing date where you will receive your cash and be completely done with the house! Congratulations, you just sold your house without any hassled, fees or commissions. Here you will find an actual example explained in detail.
15. Here is a popular question:
How many houses do you buy and what will you do with my house?—We get this question – all – the – time!!
We buy many many houses ;). And what we do with them? Simple. We buy them, rehab them and sell them again at a profit. We refurbish and bring new life to neighborhoods. Good for the people, good for the economy, good for everyone!